Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Eye Candy

On a trip to one of my favorite boutiques I spotted a dress that I had been eyeing on MY EYE CANDY's facebook page for a while! Sometimes the way things look in a photo and seeing it in person can give you two totally different views of an item. However this dress looked exactly like it looked on the photos. Brandy, the gorgeous owner of the boutique convinced me to go ahead and buy it. She said it fit even better than it looked hanging in her store. Although I am easily convinced when it comes to shopping....I still wasn't 100% sure if I would like it on me! On top of that, I frequently wear BLACK and promised myself I wouldn't add any extra black items to my wardrobe but this dress kept calling my name! And the price $36!!!! I couldn't let it slide....bag it up for me B! Soooo that was five months ago when I bought it. I've been out to many events where I could've wore the dress but I kept deciding not to for various reasons.... I didn't have the right shoes, I didn't have the right accessories to match it, it's black & it's summertime (who wears black in the summer), the sleeves are long so maybe I should wait til fall rolls back around....I had every excuse in the book until a few Saturdays ago! I couldn't think of what I was going to wear to an indoor/outdoor party at the Key Club. The summer nights in Detroit can get a little chilly, I didn't want to be irritated standing on concrete in heels all night so what the heck was I going to wear?! Oh yea....that little "black/gray" dress!! Finally I pulled it together! I originally did not want to wear the obvious choice "red" with it but at the end of the day it came together nicely with just a splash of color. RED LIPS, RED NAILS, RED TOES....that's it! I changed my middle part sew-in by adding a bang and curling my hair extensions with flexirods. The look came together nicely. So I guess black in the summertime can work as long as you know how to WORK IT!

Dress: MyEye Candy Boutique (1x)
Check out MyEye Candy on facebook for inventory of clothing & jewelry items!!

No comments:

Post a Comment