Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Try Another Healthy Alternative!

Eating whats right can be hard and somewhat confusing at times...true. Do you count calories, points, fat grams, or use just plain common sense?? My advice would be to take the time to research. I'm pretty sure you know what foods you like to eat, right. And chances are you have a google or search engine app on your phone right in palm of your hand! Take the time to find an healthier alternative for the foods you like. What is the calorie count? How many grams of protein, carbs or fat are in this item?? Is it worth you eating...is it gonna help or hurt you??
While shopping in Kroger I ran across an alternative to one of my favorite foods...BURGERS! I often make turkey burgers abd have thought about making a chicken burger but never a SALMONBURGER! Bingo!! I love love love salmon but I was a little afraid of how it would taste grounded into a patty. But at a measly 100 calories a patty, I thought, WHY NOT TRY IT! I'm glad I did...absolutely delicious!! If your a seafood or salmon lover you will fall in love with salmon burger patties!
I grilled mine over medium heat with Pam grilling spray, and prepared it on a 80 calorie wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion, 40 calorie ultra thin provolone cheese, a dime size drop of mustard, and low sodium tarter sauce. This burger including toppings and bread is UNDER 250 calories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment