Thursday, September 20, 2012

Confident or Doing Too Much?? Some say "Big Girls" shouldn't risk it...

As I'm embracing the "better Kelly" I find that it's not easy being about that fit life! It's actually harder in some ways to be more specific. As my confidence level goes from about a 6.5 to a 9.5 (lol) I find that more people have more things to say about what I wear, how I look, and what I do. I won't go as far as to call them haters because yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT IN MY OPINION certain things can be done and said tastefully without comeing off as you know everything and your opinion is the only one that matters. Petty nonsense such as this use to bother me. I would never speak up on it in order to avoid conflict, trying to be super nice but lately I've let it be known loud and clear that this is me and either you can love me and ride with me or NOT....One thing I love to do is "put on some clothes". Since I feel and look so better in my clothes I tend to try items that I've always admired on others but would never wear myself because I wasn't comfortabl doing so. Don't get me wrong...everything is definitely not for everybody! Some things I still would probably never pull off even if I had a super flat tummy or firm butt and thighs. However, I do like t take risk and show off the parts of me that I am proud of. Again, some may not approve and by all means, I'm ok with that. It's a few fashion trends I don't like on certain people either but at the end of the day I've learned that you can't please everybody! So what do you think?? Should "Curvy Ladies" or "Big Girls" be able to follow risky fashion trends or should they be put in a fashion box all by themselves??

 Yes I showed tummy here for the Young Jeezy & T.I concert, September 1st at Cobo. I think it was done tastefully. The turquoise top was netted in front and sheer in back ensuring that I wasn't naked!
 My dress was a little shorter than expected (too much back). However, I still felt good in this look showing a little more thigh than usual. Maybe it's just the way you carry youself! This was back in the beginning of May, I believe. My legs look a little more firm and toned now!
Short shorts! I use to hate shorts last summer. You couldn't pay me to wear a pair. Now, I love them!! This is my favorite look for shorts...a cute top, and a pair of comfy boots. See the difference in my legs? Thats three months of working it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment